Senior Design Manager – Railway Utilities
SAR Negotiable + Transport + Accommodation + Bonus
Saudi Arabia Remote Location
Great opportunity for a Senior Manager Design for Railway Utilities to join a client-side organisation on a mega rail program in the GCC. Our client is keen to see candidates with 15+ years’ experience managing the utilities deliverables for complex railway programs including transmission networks and containment structures. Candidates applying must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, 15+ years’ experience in railway utilities design and a proven track-record of managing large teams.
- The Utilities deliverables for the program, including transmission networks and containment structures.
- Interface management between supply and end-user.
- Management of land use approvals.
- The approval of design from concept to IFC.
- Managing the RFI process in timely schedule.
- Ensuring consultants are progressing design as per the schedule and have sufficient information ahead of requirement.
- Briefs the PD on design issues and progress, assists in preparation of design reports.
- Identifies critical design decisions ahead of schedule.
- Ensures drawings and designs are completed on time and adhere to specifications and standards.
- Assist in the appointment of design consultants’ scope of works, ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties.
- Monitors the bid or proposal process for design to ensure organizational goals are met.
- Liaising with other teams including statutory approval design requirements.
- Making sure that design information is available to those who need it, when they need it.
- Maintaining thorough documentation of all processes.
- Assists in evaluation of Contractors Proposals, ensuring they are complete and unambiguous.
- Ensure the design has been reviewed on all projects with respect to mitigating Health and Safety, design and buildability issues prior to construction and ensure that hazards are noted on relevant drawings at each stage of their production.
- With all relevant parties, input into a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
- Manage and report on design and designer progress, quality and performance.
- Reviews potential innovation and value engineering solutions.
- Brief and engage Specialist Consultants/suppliers to undertake specialist reports with respect to Stations for planning, then review and critique and manage risks to resolution.
- Record information onto the document management system as the information is created and inform others.
- Assist the Risk manager and delivery teams with identifying Risks and completing the Risk Register; where necessary assist with the resolution of these risks.
- Assist in preparing the Design Managers Report prior to handover to the Construction Project Team.
- Promote prefabrication and modularization design.
Experience in :
- Utility networks including utility corridors, culverts, chambers, etc
- Power transmission
- Water transmission, including tanks, pumping stations, etc (pressurised/gravity)
- Wastewater/sludge lines (pressurised/gravity)
- ICT networks
- Degree or above in engineering
- 15 years + experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
Elise@menasaandpartners.com or Veema@menasaandpartners.com to apply.