Medical Procurement Manager
Saudi Arabia – Various locations
We have multiple requirements for Procurement Managers to join an international healthcare provider in various posts across Saudi Arabia and oversee the end to end supply chain process for pharmaceutical and medical equipment requirements encompassing safety, sourcing, product selection, demand planning, quality, inventory, warehousing and transport for assigned countries / regions. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the development and maintenance of strategic initiatives within the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipment category. Prior experience in a similar position sourcing pharmaceuticals, medical devices and equipment is a must.
- Manage end to end supply chain process for pharmaceutical, nutrition products, medical devices and medical equipment requirements for francophone countries that IRC operates in.
- Serve as subject matter expert for drug procurement, medical devices and equipment and service providers related to pharmaceutical regulatory and donors’ requirements
- Support in the development of processes to ensure compliance related to key supply chain requirements such as quality control, cold chain storage and distribution
- Demonstrate expertise in contract negotiations and cost management
- Support Senior Procurement Manager in developing category strategies
- Manages RFX, RFP process, templates and strategy
- Lead strategic supplier relationship management to continually identify process improvements and cost reduction opportunities
- Well versed in analysis of spend data and cost models for continuous improvement
- Maintain relationships with various business functions across the organization including health unit, legal, and regional/country offices
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and track inventory levels
- Lead supplier selection and pre-qualification process globally
- Conduct Quality Control and pharmacovigilance activities, when deemed necessary or as an element of routine supplier management.
- Conduct/organize regular and ad hoc inspections of IRC suppliers and their manufacturers, to safeguard the quality of supplies delivered to IRC beneficiaries.
- Experience in sourcing both pharmaceuticals, medical devices and equipment
- Experience of medical logistics and pharmaceutical supply chain systems in developing contexts
- Experience with managing medical warehousing facilities
- Successful experience in audit/assessments and the implementation of supply chain management improvements
- Knowledge of developments and trends within pharmaceuticals industry
- Knowledge of risk management, with the ability to identify and address anticipated issues
- 4-6 years of Procurement related experience. Pharmacist preferred
- Extensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals related quality systems such as GDP and GMP
- Ability to establish supplier specifications, measure conformance and identify process improvement opportunities that are defined in conjunction with internal customers is critical to this position
- Has proven knowledge of procurement industry cost structures and drivers
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Pharmacy, or equivalent pharmacy qualification
Please reach out to email@example.com to arrange for a confidential converstion about this position.