HSE Manager – Solar
Our client is an international engineering organisation, they have a requirement for an experienced HSE manager with extensive solar power projects experience to join their team and be based in the UAE. Candidates applying for this position must have a minimum 12+ years’ experience and must hold their NEBOSH.
• Support, assist & advise the Project Director to develop, implement, co-ordinate, monitor and maintain the HSE plan.
• Support in implementing all HSE procedures, measures & controls during project on related premises, e.g. construction worksites, site offices, warehouses, others of the project.
• Ensure all personnel in project as well as visitors, sub-contractors and any interested party are fully supported with the guidance, training, equipment, documentation, inspections and audit covering all HSE matters.
• Analyse legal and other requirements (especially those linked to contract) and to deliver the HSE compliance register.
• Analyse risks & impacts and to deliver the risk assessment / environmental analysis of project.
• Define the HSE objectives specific to the project and set up the HSE improvement programme.
• Establish the appropriate organisation and increase awareness/training (especially HSE induction) of projects personnel, sub-contractors, visitors, others involved in project.
• Establish the training matrix based on the need of the project and set up the training plan.
• Establish the required documentation and tools.
• Define, collect and analyse operational indicators, to assess results and to suggest improvements if necessary.
• Set up the reporting and attend project meetings.
• Check and input to safe work method statements, manage work notifications.
• Manage Permit to Work requirements.
• Ensuring immediate reporting of accidents & dangerous occurrences and investigate accidents and report the findings.
• Keep a record of injuries, vehicle accidents, property damage, fires and crane / heavy equipment accidents, etc.
• Interact with the Customer / sub-contractor on HSE matters where required or needed.
• Support Purchasing in selection of sub-contractors & suppliers from a HSE perspective.
• Perform safety inspections, sub-contractor safety audit, sub-contractor accommodation inspections.
• Ensure proper equipment log and inspections wherever required (electrical equipment, ladder, etc.).
• Maintain daily safety inspection reports, sub-contractor’s weekly safety reports, scaffolding inspection reports, test certificates for lifting machines and any other inspections required to operate safely on site.
• Ensure emergency response is well prepared.
• Organise the annual HSE Management review.
- Qualification in HSE activity with certification, Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or similar.
• A management qualification, e.g. Internal or Lead Auditor would be an advantage.
• At least 5 years of related work experience in managing HSE of large solar projects, HSE experience for large programs
• Knowledge about HSE procedure in Solar power projects
- Knowledge of engineering disciplines like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, etc. is an added value.
• Fluent English language and good communication skills
Please reach out to email@example.com to arrange for a confidential conversation about this role.