We are seeking an Executive Director for Environmental Science & Monitoring who is vastly experienced in the science-based resource management, conservation, enhancement of mega marine eco-systems within large Real Estate development projects for a client-side role in KSA. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to play a key role in the development of a Giga project which is continually breaking records for sustainability and conservation. You should possess circa 20 years experience:
- PhD in marine ecology, biology, oceanography, or related subject.
- Scientific diver certification and at least 200 scientific dives.
- Experience restoring and building coral reef, mangrove, seagrass, or terrestrial habitats, and knowledge of current state of the art of habitat enhancement technologies.
- Significant experience monitoring effectiveness of habitat restoration programs, and in assessing suitability of potential habitat restoration and enhancement activities.
- Experience leading large-scale environmental monitoring programs, using leading edge technologies.
- Proven ability to manage projects through all stages from development, planning, budgeting, implementation, all the way to impactful products and outcomes.
- Expertise in gathering, analyzing, and reporting environmental and ecological data.
- Ability to develop ambitious but feasible short, medium and long-term team objectives and to communicate effectively to team members and staff.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Solid experience working in and or across the GCC or Muslim cultures would be advantageous.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Arabic language skills would be an asset.