Ecological Modeling Associate Director
SAR 40-45k p.mth + excellent benefits package
A great client-side opportunity for an experienced Ecological Modeling Associate Director to oversee the development of the socio-ecological models for a prestigious mixed-use program in Saudi Arabia. Such models and resulting findings will be used to guide and inform both development and regulatory decisions, including environmental and social impact assessments. The candidate placed in this position will at times lead or participate in surveys and other information gathering activities, and will assist and occasionally lead the collation, synthesis, analysis, and reporting of social and ecological data. She/he will, as needed, contribute to other research, monitoring, and surveillance activities within the marine and terrestrial ecosystems of the Special Economic Zone
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in tropical ecosystem ecology, conservation and management.
- PhD in ecological modelling.
- Demonstrated ability to develop meaningful socio-ecological models (such as with Ecopath, Ecosim, or Atlantis), and to generate results that can contribute to management planning and review of management options.
- Extensive familiarity and personal experience of a wide range of ecological and social surveys, and in the analysis and modelling of such data.
- Competence with scientific or programming software or languages (such as R).
- Knowledge of and experience working on tropical marine and nearshore ecosystems and organisms.
- Experience/skills in GIS would be advantageous.
- Solid experience working in and or across GCC would be an asset.
Please reach out to Ed@menasaandpartners.com to arrange for a confidential conversation about this role.